The International Scientific Conference “Our Common Future under Climate Change” took place at UNESCO (Paris) from 7th to 10th July. This four-day conference have gathered the international scientific community to come together ahead of the 21st UNFCCC Conference of the Parties (COP21), which will be hosted by France in December 2015 (“Paris Climat 2015”). Building on the results of IPCC 5th Assessment Report (AR5), the Conference addressed key issues concerning climate change in the broader context of global change and offered an opportunity to discuss solutions for both mitigation and adaptation issues.
The conference was organized under the umbrella of ICSU, Future Earth, UNESCO and major French research institutions, with the support of the French Government.
CODATU is strongly engaged in sustaining the role of urban mobility in fighting climate change in developed, emerging and developing countries. CODATU is carrying out many activites under the umbrella of COP21 and also with the important perspective of HABITAT III conference in Quito in 2016.
For this reasons, CODATU proposed a session on the impact of sustainable urban mobility in developing countries gathering experts of international level. The detailed programme and the presentations of speakers are available here below.
CODATU Session on « Urban policies for Accessibility, Mobility and Informal settlements in the Global South to cope with Climate Change: Emerging Issues, Innovations and Opportunities« (Wednesday, 8 July 2015)
CODATU is Lead Convener of the Session in cooperation with the Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development (Chandigarh, India).
programme of the session
Moderator: Lorenza Tomasoni, CODATU, France
- Valérie Ongolo Zogo, University of Yaoundé, Cameroon, Urban form, mobility and greenhouse gas emission in African cities: the case of Yaoundé (Keynote speaker) Download the presentation here
- Jean-Charles Crochet, Retired Senior Transport Economist at World Bank, USA, The EASI (Enable, Avoid, Shift, Improve) concept: a climate friendly policy framework to ensure accessibility and sustainable mobility in urban areas of developing countries (Keynote speaker) Download the presentation here
- Julien Allaire CODATU (France), Sustainable Urban Mobility Plans a local approach for national mitigation Download the presentation here
- S. Kesavan, S. Kainur, Crosslinks Foundation, Banagalore (India), Reimagining civic technologies for te urban poor in Indian Cities
- J. Glowacki, Université Laval, Québec (Canada), Climate change adaptation and resilience in cities: An Analysis of the Living Community Challenge Certification